Friday, June 2, 2017

About me

My name is Hector Reyes and I like to run from time to time.  I used to run track and cross country in high school and I recently started running again a couple of years ago. I ran my first marathon, the Colfax Marathon in Denver, CO in May of 2015.  I ran my first ultras in the fall of 2015, the Northface Endurance Challenge 50 miler in Park City, Utah was my first and Javelina Jundred in Arizona was my first hundred.  All in all, I ran 25 marathons and ultras in 2015 and 20 in 2016.  

I was not very fast in high school and I am not fast now, but being fast is not one of my priorities right now.  Sure, I dream of some day, by some miracle, winning races like the Hardrock 100 or Western States, but the level of effort required to reach that level of competitiveness is not something I believe I can achieve with the time I have after my job as a software engineer and life in general. So I do the best I can with the time I have and I focus on having fun and staying healthy, physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment